Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Creative Jumpstarts 01

Creative Jumpstarts is a joint challenge venture between Marcy Penner and Stephanie Bryan . Their first one was posted last week and I was so excited to jump right in. The challenge was to combine black and white with colour photos.


This is the layout that I came up with. I have never used such a large photo on a layout before (6x8) and I've never made a 2 page layout before.



I should take this moment to say that I complete unintentionally scraplifted Lisa Truesdell's Love This layout- I even used the same Studio Calico kit- Valley High. I was almost done and was really stumped on how to finish it off. I remembered that she did a layout using  large photo that I loved and went looking for it for some inspiration. Low and behold, I completely lifted her! I called it done where it was at and I'm really happy with how it turned out.


I love little bits all lined up in a row like that! And that is a vintage Hello Forever flair that I've been hoarding. I love them and the ampersand can be used in so many situations.


I decided to make a grid with some of my favourite photos from that day at the park. I've also been hoarding that square veneer from Two Peas in a Bucket (still so sad they're closed). 

This is only the first challenge, but I really love Creative Jumpstarts. I can't until the next one they post! If you're taking part in the Creative Jumpstarts, link your project in the comments so I can check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment