Saturday, January 17, 2015

my story 2015


It's a brand new year and the first linky party at Paper Issues is "Pop-Ping the Cork". I have a lot of cork embellishments and love using them, but I just couldn't decide what to do. In the end, I went in a completely different direction and decided to use a piece of patterned paper that looks like cork to make an inspiration board of what I want 2015 to look like for me. 


Most of the items I used are Maggie Holmes' Open Book with the exception of the green Dear Lizzy thickers and the polka dot envelope.


The envelope holds my weight and measurements as I'm trying to lose the weight I gained over Christmas.


I used enamel dots to look like push pins going into the "cork board".


I layered some lace and seam binding behind a few pieces from the ephemera pack.


I really loved the 12x12 chipboard pieces that came with this line,  but had a hard time using them. They worked perfectly for this project and I ended up using a bunch. The glasses were perfect as a reminder to finally get my glasses fixed this year. :)

I'm going to hang this "inspiration board" beside my scrap table so I can stay motivated all year long.

No comments:

Post a Comment