Saturday, February 7, 2015

happy


I just love, love, love the February sketch at Paper Issues. I thought it was perfect and didn't want to change a thing. That's the fun thing about sketches, they are open to interpretation. Sometimes I change lots of elements and other times, I interpret them really literally, like with this layout. 


I used paper from Maggie Holmes Open Book and embellishments from that line and Notes & Things. I actually don't even like butterflies, but I thought they went well with a photo of my new garden, and I'm really happy with how they look.


As I've said before, I have trouble working circles into my layouts. I jump at any excuse to use a doily though, and the largest one I have worked perfectly for the scale of the layout. 


I hand wrote my jounraling on a large white shipping tag and used word stickers from the Open Book 6x12 sticker sheet throughout.

Jennifer really knocked it out of the park with this sketch. I cannot wait for next month's!

No comments:

Post a Comment