Wednesday, February 11, 2015

coffee addict


I was very excited when Marcy Penner announced she was doing a class on grids through Studio Calico. I just adore her style and couldn't wait for the class to start. I also was really excited that another of my other favourite scrapbookers was contributing to the class. 

The first lesson was on basic grids and to keep it simple, I decided to make this layout while keeping in mind the colour scheme for Creative Jumpstart 9. I pulled a bunch of papers from my older Studio Calico kits, a shipping tag and a wood veneer square from Two Peas in a Bucket. 


I then added some wood veneer embellishments and an M and asterisks from the same pack of Thickers I used for the title.


Love this font of Thickers and since they're foam, they stick really well.


Tucked a shipping tag and a doily behind my photo, added a paper clip and some black ink splatter and called it done. 

I'm already really happy with this class and am looking forward to sitting down this week with the lesson 2 material. 

I'm also really happy I've had a chance to participate in the Creative Jumpstarts again. I missed a few, but things have calmed down a bit for me and I just love how much they push me creatively!

No comments:

Post a Comment