Wednesday, November 5, 2014

october part 1


This is my first spread of October and somehow I managed to fill a full spread with photos from only four days. Highlights are my in-laws moved, crepes with old coworkers, a bachelor party, and both rough and amazing days with Andy. Little and big moments that all deserve to be documented.


I decided to type my journalling right on that 'Now' card and I totally messed up. So then I typed it onto a plan white 3x4 card, but I ended up messing up at the end again. I decided just to roll with it this time and glued the new card right on top of the 'Now' card where I messed up on. I real life, you have to look pretty hard to see the line where the new journalling card was added.


I love those chunky silver glitter thickers. Those wood veneer leaves came in a Studio Calico kit from November 2012 and I have been hoarding them ever since. I  really love them.


My husband's friend wanted to rent sumo suits as part of his bachelor party and have a wrestling tournament. This photo was captured on a phone that is longer than a true 4x6 photo and I couldn't crop it without cutting people off at one of the ends. I decided to crop the photo at 4x8 and just split it between two pockets. I'm really happy with how it turned out and am glad I was able to use the entire photo.


With the remainder of the pocket, I stapled some of those amazing Crate letters to some patterned paper and made a little cluster with a label, ticket from October Afternoon Miscellany pack, gold camera, enamel dot and wood veneer star. I really love treating pockets like mini layouts when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment