Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Meet me in the sunshine


We're doing a spotlight on Amy Tangerine's new line, Rise & Shine on the Paper Issues blog today. I've been wanting to use that gold script thicker phrase for awhile now and finally found the perfect photo to pair it with. 

One of my friends from high school died suddenly when we were 25. This photo is from a couple of years ago when we got together on the anniversary of his death with our kids and remembered our dear friend. We had a wonderful day time together and that phrase perfectly captures how that photo makes me feel. 



I grouped a bunch of circle elements (2) (3) from the same line in different mediums. 



I added some thicker 'stitches' near my typed journaling strips to add a cohesiveness to my layout. 



With the title and the sun flair in my photo, I knew I needed to add in some sun bursts. I cut a few strips from a pretty yellow paper with hearts and tucked them under my photo on the left side. I love how the yellow looks against that wood grain paper



While I didn't use any on this layout, I love that Rise & Shine has both gold and silver elements. These are a few of my favourite items from the line that are available in the Paper Issues shop (1), (2), (3), (4) .


You can use my code 'petitenoonie' to get 20% off your entire order in the Paper Issues shop

No comments:

Post a Comment