Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Ice cream love - Poolside Spotlight


Oh Crate Paper, Poolside, I love you so much. I actually bought every single piece of this line and that is saying a lot considering I barely know how to swim. :) I just love the colours in this line and as always, the embellishments are just amazing. 



I think my favourite thing from the entire line is the pack of wood buttons that also came with some enamel dots a few adhesive paper die cuts. It was so hard not use all the enamel dots on this page! I used one of the gold metal tabs on my photo and tucked a frame behind it. I added a few pieces from the ephemera pack, stand outs, and the 12x12 chipboard stickers



I wanted to use the ice cream paper on my layout, but I didn't want my layout to be ice cream cones everywhere, so I layered a piece of the gold glitter plus sign vellum over top. I love the way vellum over top of patterned paper looks. I also used the Sun-Kissed Thickers for my title and added a hand cut word from ombré paper to complete it.



If there is a black striped paper in a line, I am going to use it along the bottom of my layout. I love how it 'grounds' the page. I layered a camera from the ephemera pack, a tag from the cut apart paper and a wood veneer.



I took a bunch of the banner pieces from the 6x12 sticker sheet and sewed them beneath my photo and added in a diet cut from the ephemera. I layered an ice cream cone from the standouts with one from the 6x12 sticker sheet as well.


There are lots of items from the Poolside collection available in the Paper Issues shop. You can use my code 'petitenoonie' to get 20% off your entire order. 

No comments:

Post a Comment